Thursday, May 1, 2008

Men on a Mission


Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me." Isaiah 6:8

I am asking for prayer for 16 men headed to Nicaragua May 3-10. Their hearts have been called to serve the Lord and those less fortunate. Besides, Joey, I am related to 2 others (a shout out to my bro-in-laws Nate and Rich) and might as well be related to a few more. These guys are very excited to go and work hard on this life changing adventure.

Please pray for safety and health as they go to work and to share the Gospel. Pray each man will be forever changed as will those they witness to and help.

I came upon this verse a few months back and it really touched my heart. If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered. Proverbs 21:13 How often do we let the cry of the poor fall upon deaf ears because we are too busy, or don't have the money right now, or think someone else will step up and do the job. My friends, God has called each of us to serve in many different capacities. Make sure you are listening for the cry. God wants each of us to make a difference in this great big world. Something that has eternal value. We can do it here right around us or halfway around the world.




No comments: