Monday, January 4, 2010

new (or not?)

so i was looking back here to see what my goals were last year.

thinking that doing so would help me with my '10 goals.
and they did...

i came up with my goals but wasn't sure anyone else really cared to hear about them.

so i decided to sum it up with these thoughts...
it is taken from my favorite book of this past year (besides my sword- of course:)
and from a sweet new friend who shared this verse.

here it goes...
any of you who does not give up EVERYTHING he has cannot be my disciple. luke 14:33

He gives all. He asks all.
He wants all or nothing.
you are either in or out.
you are either hot, cold or worse yet- lukewarm.

it's about eternity.
how will you answer the King when He asks you..."What did you do with what I gave you?"

and a little more...
and if i have a faith,that can move mountains, but have not love, i am nothing. if i give away all i have and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, i gain nothing.
for love is... (everything i want to be!) 1 Cor 13:2-13

study these verses like you never have and truly live by them. it's a challenge and i am going for it!

then there is...
Matthew 25:31-46 about the sheep and the goats. and how you did or didn't feed, clothe, take care of, invite in, visit with...
i tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.

and let us love not with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:16-20

according to God, we are here to LOVE.
in fact, He measures our lives by how we do it.

i have a big year this year.
and i plan on clinging to God and loving greater than i ever have.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Court, this post was so encouraging and challenging for me. What a wonderful, loving heart you have, and I am SO THANKFUL that I will be able to walk through the rest of my life with you as a sister and "inspirer". You DO have a big year...and you WILL dazzle the world (for Christ!) if you cling to the words of this post.
I love you.