Monday, November 22, 2010

Please Lord...Allow me to test You one more time.

"Then Gideon said to God, "If You will deliver Israel by my hand as You have said, I will put a fleece of wool here on the threshing floor, if dew is only on the fleece, and all the ground is dry, I will know that You will deliver Israel by my strength as You said." And that is what happened. When he got up early in the morning, he squeezed the fleece and wrung dew out of it, filling a bowl with water. Gideon then said to God, "Don't be angry with me; let me speak one more time. Please allow me to make one more test with the fleece. Let it remain dry, and the dew be all over the ground." That night God did as Gideon requested: only the fleece was dry, and dew was all over the ground." (Judges 6:36-40)

I find myself in Gideon's predicament a lot lately. God will call me to do things that are down right terrifying and so much bigger than me . The shear size of the task requires so much more than I have to give so before I engage, I want God to give me a sign that He is going to so up on my behalf. I have yet to use the "fleece and dew" test but I do test His word in other ways.

I long for the day when my walk with God produces such a faith that the size of the task becomes irrelevant and the testing ceases.









1 comment:

Jenny said...

Joey - I have missed your thought provoking blogs. Glad to hear from you. Rooster and I pray that you all are well and adjusting.